Thursday, May 04, 2006

A little fun at the desktop


Here's a quick round-up of some fun stuff from the web.

Get your song quotes at Rock Wisdom. You will find a great crop of quotes categorized for your pleasure. From philosophy to pick-up lines, as well as links to the full lyrics.
A few Favs
  • All that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come, and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon. - Pink Floyd, Eclipse
  • Baby, look me over, tell me if you like what you see. I ain't got no money, but honey I'm rich on personality. - Prince, Baby I'm A Star
  • I love Rocky Road. - Weird Al Yankovic, I Love Rocky Road

Take a new look at the world via Worldmapper. There are many looks here because this site presents issue oriented world maps where the size of countries are relative to statistics. Check out the map of Net Immigration above. There is a lot to see here. The World Mapper team brings together geographers from the University of Sheffield (UK) and the University of Michigan.

Cooking by Numbers is a recipe site for the spontaneous. Instead of looking for specific recipes and buying the ingredients, here you enter the ingredients you have on hand and get back recipes you can use them in. I haven't used the site much and now that I take a second look I am a little worried. It looks like the author has a new book out called, The Art of Vodka Jelly -- not to enticing...

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Isabelle said...

I saw that Art of Vodka Jelly--kinda gross. It'd be like someone writing all about fruitcake, or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home