Friday, April 21, 2006

I love the harlot


I gotta tellya, the yarn harlot blog really makes me happy. She just seems like a really nice, crazy knitter with lots of crazy knitter friends.

Once when I went on a vacation to Washington D.C. to visit friends, I complained to them that most photos I take are boring because they're of buildings and art, but with no human interest to them. So for all the photos we took during that trip, I made sure there was a human in each one, even if it was an elbow or finger stuck into the corner of, say, a photo of the Washington monument.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the yarn harlot) does something similar, in that all of her photos include whatever knitting project she's working on. It makes me laugh because, after all it is a blog about knitting. Her latest photos, of the taxi drivers who have been driving her around on her book tour holding her knitting, make me giggle.

Another thing is that all her audiences in the pictures just look so darned happy. Who knew some wool and a couple of sticks could do that to a person?

Isabelle

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger ms. purity said...

hey!! Just wanted to say I really like your blog and look forward to reading more of both of your writing.

peace n love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home