Monday, February 13, 2006

Non-smoker -- 6 days 13 hours 50 minutes


I'm still smoke free, but this weekend I had a few bad cravings. The idea of having to get off my butt and go get cigarettes pretty much killed the cravings, but they caught me by surprise anyway.

I installed a little program, called Quit Time, on my computer it tracks the time elapsed since my last cigarette and the unsmoked cigarettes, the money saved and the time I have added to my life. I am up an additional 6 hrs and 25 minutes in the life department--hopefully, I won't spend the added time thinking about smoking. Here is a link to the program, in case you need it or want to pass it on.

I wasn't able to paste in a great pic of a smoking rabbit, but I urge you to take a look at it here. The Bunny Suicides is a cartoon series of fluffy little creatures trying to do themselves in -- strangly hilarious to me. There have been several mentions of this book/series around the net recently -- so perhaps it is the Far Side of the new century.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Isabelle said...

So for each day of non-smoking, you're getting back approximately one hour. Hmmm. . . maybe it's an exponential relationship so you'll get a better return later on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home