Monday, March 20, 2006

PostSecret



A couple of years ago, when I first starting wasting considerable time on the Internet, I came across this site. This is a place where people can post their secrets, on anonyomous postcards. There are many interesting or dark secrets here along with stunningly insightful artwork.

Some of the secrets make me very sad, but there is the definate possibility that they are unreal. Thinking that makes me feel better.

There is now a Post Secret book which has some the best images. Also, one morning I caught a bit of MTV, when they were playing actual videos, and saw the secrets featured as part of a video.

This site demonstrates the reach of the web, it makes the very public, very private and could be offering extremely fake items at extremely geniune ones. In all, it makes you think and distracts you from the work at hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home